Monday, December 7, 2009

Baby Update

Today is the beginning of week 17 so I thought an update was in order.

About two weeks ago I started to feel the hardness that is the uterus/fluid/baby. I would lean on the counter to get something and I could feel what felt like a grapefruit in there. And the weird thing is, the grapefruit moves. At times it feels like it is trying to push its way out. It moves to the front and my stomach looks pregnant and is rock hard. Other times it is like the grapefruit moves into my lower back and my belly is just as flabby as before I was pregnant.

I have started feeling pressure and “flutters”. One day last week I was in bed getting ready to go to sleep and I could feel this really hard ‘lump’ on one side of my stomach. I moved on to my other side and the ‘lump’ moved too. It was cool. I often feel a lot of pressure right below my belly button, like the baby is trying to push out, almost like it is pushing against the waist band of my pants.

I can also feel movement, like the baby is doing summersaults. I don’t feel anything yet that feels like a kick, but I can feel something. I imagine that if blankets had feelings and a cat was under the covers crawling around, I am feeling what the blanket would feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment