Thursday, February 11, 2010

Perspective

Last week I was sitting in the living room watching TV when I realized that in a few months there will be a baby in the room. A BABY. And then I started thinking; where is it going to go? There is no room in here for a baby. As a matter of fact, there is no room in our house for a baby. The only room that has extra space is our bedroom; we are all going to be living in the bedroom. What were we thinking?


Then I started to think about all the baby stuff we already have, in a pile in the extra room, and all the stuff we will have and then I started to hyperventilate. Really, where are we going to put all the stuff? We don’t have any extra space in the kitchen for bottles, where are those going to go? I sold my desk, gave away my cute little hutch thing and three bookshelves. I am throwing out or giving away a lot of stuff, and now I have to find things in the kitchen to get rid of?


After panicking about where we are going to put things we don’t own yet (yes, I know that is crazy, I can see that) it occurred to me….what are we going to do with a baby? I don’t know how to take care of a baby. And on a totally selfish level, I need my sleep. I don’t do well when I haven’t had enough and now I am voluntarily doing something that will seriously cut into my sleeping!!?


Which then made me feel weird because I have wanted a family for years…like for the last 8, a lot more so in the last 3 years. So, here I am finally having a baby and I think I should be totally happy and all I am thinking about is, how am I going to do this and where will all the stuff go?


Then I was talking to a friend, who laughed a lot as I told her this story, and she told me just to wait until the baby is crawling around eating dirt and I will wonder why I was so worried about this.


Perspective is a great thing. :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment