Tuesday, April 20, 2010

In Two Weeks

Last night Brian looked at me and said, “You know what? In about 2 weeks we could have a baby.”

I said, “Yes…”

“In two weeks, we could be parents.”

And I thought…I am failing to see the revelation here. :o)


It must be weird to have all of this hit at once. I mean, I have had a reminder that this event is coming for the last 9 months. I know that men don’t have the same luxury.
I have read that, for men, it becomes “real” once they see the baby. That must be hard. Really. Your whole life is different in like 3 seconds. That seems like a reason to faint to me; not the goo or blood or any of that…mostly just the thought that this is real and now everything is different. That might take my breath away or make me lose blood flow to my extremities.
I have to admit that it is a weird thought that the hospital will let us just take a baby home. And then it is going to be there…forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment