Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Amazing Stomach

I have a question about stomachs. I totally don’t understand how they work. I am always baffled at my stomach’s ability to sort out the things that I eat.

Let me give you an example: Yesterday morning I had a smoothie; made from a banana, two handfuls of spinach and a handful of blueberries, a piece of toast and a cheese stick. Later yesterday morning I threw up only part of the cheese and the blueberries, or at least stuff that was the color of blueberries.


Hummm. How does that work? Is there a little man down there that says, “Stop, spinach-good, blueberries-bad!“ and then kicks out the blueberries? What did the blueberries do to deserve that? I thought they were a super food too? It all gets eaten at the same time, why doesn’t it come back up all mixed together?

Please note, it is not like I sit there and dissect the food coming back out my mouth, but when my head is 10 inches from the bottom of the trash can, where it all ends up, and I am patiently waiting for the next round, what else am I suppose to do?

This, by the way, is not the first time this has happened. I have eaten things only to throw up part of it later.

I just don’t get it…if anyone can explain this to me, please do.

No comments:

Post a Comment