Wednesday, November 18, 2009

the gDiaper

I have been thinking a lot about diapers lately. Cloth or disposable… Which is better? Which is more cost effective? Which is more convenient? Can I handle washing dirty diapers? What type is accepted at daycare? Which one will fit best with our lifestyle and our values?

I can think of many things that I like and don’t like about both. For example, I like the ease of disposables, use once, throw in trash. But this also is one of the things I don’t like, use once, throw away, how wasteful and bad for the environment (they last for like 500 years in landfills, you know.)

Then I think, cloth diapers, they are reusable… and then I picture myself, walking through the store, with an adorable, cooing baby in one arm and a diaper bag full of dirty diapers on the other. The smell of baby poop wafting along behind me as I stroll down the aisle. Gross!

I could list out all the things I like and dislike about both, but I don’t want to bore you with that, since I think I found the perfect solution…the gDiaper!

They are offer all the benefits of the pocket style cloth diaper but also have a biodegradable insert that can be flushed, composted or thrown away. (They decompose completely in about 90 days.) They aren’t overly expensive, you can get them at local grocery stores or online and you don't have to buy two separate styles. And I really love the fact that if I am in a situation where I want the convenience of a disposable diaper I can use it and know that they won’t sit in landfills for 500 years. Single use diapers with none of the guilt.

I think I’m in love. :o)

Now, I know I shouldn’t go on and on about a product that I haven’t used yet, but I am getting them. With the discovery of the gDiaper I am excited that I can use one system at home and one on the go, without feeling like I am ruining the planet, and only have to invest in one system. And if I discover that I am not the cloth diaper type of mom, I can still use the gDiaper with the disposable liner. It is win-win.

Check them out for yourself: http://www.gdiapers.com/

I never thought I could/would get so excited about diapers.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you popped out with a product I never heard of. I love that concept!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so strange. Justin told me when he signed in to follow your blog, my account popped up. He was on his laptop. I figured maybe the last time I was on, I left myself signed in. I am on my desktop, I don't think Justin is ever on here. I just tried to follow and every time I enter my email addy and password for Google, his account pops up. I just added your blog into my reader, it is there, I checked and it still doesn't show I am following. So strange! So, I went to my blog, signed in to follow, and my account popped up. Your blog does not like us!...LOL. Maybe I will have Justin try to signin for me.

    ReplyDelete