Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Boy or Girl

Since we decided not to find out the sex of the baby via ultrasound, we thought it would be fun to test out some old wives tales and see if we could get any “insight” into the baby’s gender.

Carrying High vs. Carrying Low –Girl I am carrying “high” so this would indicate that we are having a girl.
Cravings—Girl Since I am craving sweets.
Breast evenness – Girl Because my left is bigger than the right.
Pendant/wedding ring on string –Girl
Acne – Boy Under the theory that if you have acne it’s a girl…mine hasn’t changed either way so I am counting that as none.
Chinese Gender Calendar – Girl
The “What do you think you are having” feeling – Girl
Dreams – Girl but with a surprise Boy I have had two dreams that we had a girl, early in the pregnancy, and one last night that we had a boy and I was really surprised.
Even and Odd – Girl Both the year of conception and my age at conception are even. Or if you add the numbers up the resulting number is even, so again, girl.

And according to Childbirth.org (http://www.childbirth.org/articles/boyorgirl.html)
You have a 47% chance of having a boy.  And you have a 52% chance of having a girl.


And Here's Why...
You are carrying the extra weight out front, so it's a boy.
The hair on your legs is not growing any faster during your pregnancy, so it's a girl. (The hair on my legs is actually growing slower than it did before.)
Girls are carried high. You are going to have a girl.
Sleeping in a bed with your pillow to the south indicates that you will be having a girl.
Your feet are not colder than they were before pregnancy. You are having a girl. (My feet are warmer than before.)
You prefer the heel of a loaf of bread. You are having a boy.
Dad-to-be hasn't been gaining weight along with Mom-to-be, so it will be a girl.
The maternal grandmother has gray hair, so a boy will be born.
You had morning sickness early in pregnancy, so you are expecting a girl.
You are looking particularly good during pregnancy. Therefore, it must be a boy, because girls steal their mother's looks.
Your chest development has not been very dramatic during pregnancy. You should expect a boy.
Since the sum of the mother's age at conception and the number of the month of conception is even, it will be a boy.  (Other sites stated that even numbers meant you are having a girl.)
A needle on a thread held over your belly moves in circles, so you will have a boy.  (Other sites stated the opposite.)
You are craving sweets, which means that it is a girl.
Your nose hasn't changed during pregnancy, which indicates a girl.
You have been craving fruits, so it is a girl.


So, according my research, we are having a girl. Guess we will know for sure in about 6 weeks.

A few months ago my Bosnian neighbors told me that I was having a boy because when you are having a girl you get prettier. (Yes, what they were saying is that I was ugly or uglier.) I saw them last night and they now say it is a girl, I guess I must be looking better. ;o)

No comments:

Post a Comment